Friday, March 15, 2013

Read More, Explore the possibilities

The wisdom of the world is contained in books, reading in general actually. Why do all the hard work of trial and error when you can simply read about what someone else did and learn from their mistakes. Preferably somone you admire and want to be like. I try not to associate to much with individuals who don't read often. Chances are they can only teach me but so much. I guarantee anybody that you admire or aspire to be like has some sort of bio or auto biography written about their lives. Pick your test subject and do the research. I personally ask my self questions when I'm about to make a big decisions. For instance, lets say I'm about to spend my last $10 bucks on a beer and some takeout. Before I do, I say to my self "Would Jeff Usner spend his last $10 bucks on beer and takeout"? Probably not so nor will I. This simple method of emulating the thoughts of  the person you admire can work wonders when it comes to changing your habits. Remember, better habits can put you in a position to do better and therefore make a better money. It's all a mind game, become conscious of your subconscious, reprogram it and wah-lah  your well on your way to making a fortune. Not literally on your way but it is the best place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment